Enter Sara-Jayne Slack, stage right…
… armed with an incredibly focused To Do List, the shield of realistic optimism, and an energising dose of humour and hustle (jazzhands optional).
My Personal Manifesto:
Life is simple (but not easy). Get off the complications treadmill. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Aggressively declutter. Let it go. Don’t overthink, over-complicate, or overcompensate. Train yourself in mindfulness. Hold the door open. Do that favour. Doing good is good. Stop being busy. Focus. Learn plenty. Implement what you’ve learned. Be grateful. Acknowledge your privilege. Be kind to yourself. Be kind to others. Do what you can, but push yourself. Get enough sleep. Choose healthy things. Be frugal, not cheap. Don’t judge. Be your own role model. Work on self-awareness. Make the world better.
…I’ll get this put into a poster at some point!
Ten (sort of) interesting facts about me:
- In 2012 I moved to Oxford, UK, without knowing anyone and without a place to live.
- In 2016 I moved to Madrid, Spain, with the contents of two suitcases and the desire to eat as much tapas as possible.
- I used to know how to ride a unicycle
- Everyone always assumes I’ve been punched in the mouth. It’s actually my birth mark.
- Yes, despite the different spelling, I’m named after a Dr. Who character.
- My first ever job started on my 13th birthday – and I had the same paper round for a year.
- ‘6 degrees of Kate Mulgrew‘ is a thing, and I’ve never been beaten.
- I once visited Turkey for 24 hours on a whim and got chased by a pack of wild dogs.
- I started Inspired Quill publishing in April 2011 after thinking ‘How Hard Can It Be?’- and have been running it ever since.
- From the age of 14, I have consistently volunteered for charities/Non-Profits.